Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cooking Right with Mic and Jen

After our summer interns left I inherited their responsibilities with Cafe English on Wednesday nights. So far I've really enjoyed it. Last week my team mate Jen and I made an instructional cooking video. We baked a one egg cake and mixed our very own creamy frosting. (Note: Jen is not known for her cooking ability, and me...well, have you ever eaten anything I've made?) The video turned out wonderfully, and the students enjoyed taking notes, copying the recipe, and laughing at our attempts. We must have taught well, the student's cake turned out perfectly. (Ours had long since been thrown in the trash.) Oh well, even if we can't bake, we can speak English.

Tonight's theme: The Coffee House

I'm already feeling more competent and confident.

No comments: